Emmanuel is a member of the Baltimore-Washington Conference of the United Methodist Church. As such, we hold to the following:
- We believe in the one triune God (Father, Son, & Holy Spirit)
- We believe in the salvation of the world begun in the birth, life, death, and resurrection of Jesus the Christ
- We believe in the present work of the Holy Spirit to continue God’s plan of salvation
- We believe that the grace of God is open to ALL peoples
- We believe that ALL persons are individuals of sacred worth, created in the image of God
You can find more information about the beliefs of The United Methodist Church here.
Emmanuel UMC is a historic congregation, beginning in 1867. Our current sanctuary was erected in 1903, but has been updated throughout the years to incorporate such innovations as electric lighting, indoor plumbing, and HVAC systems. In 1962, the congregation opened an additional building on the property that currently is home to our offices, fellowship hall, nursery, and Sunday School classrooms.